June 9, 2012

Pink Kitties and Blue Dragons

I got a request to do a 3 year olds birthday cake. Her request was a little unusual but it sounded like a lot of fun to do. She wanted a "Pink Princess Kitty and a Blue Dragon and a castle"

Cute, no?

So this one require fondant figurines to make. Something I am still incredibly new at doing. However this time, a good friend of mine was over the previous weekend and she loves to create things like that, so she offered to make them. I happily handed over the fondant and gum paste:) She can definitely create better figures than me.
It worked out well because I was very nervous about creating these, and this gave me a chance to watch and see how she did them, so I might have a better time next offering of figures.

Anyways, I decided to make a small castle from 6 inch rounds to go on top of a grassy area. I made a sheet cake for the bottom, then piped grass all around, made a little oreo cookie pathway that led to the castle where the princess and her pet dragon sat on top of.


Adorable isn't it?

A close up of the figures.



I hope the birthday girl has a great third birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment