June 3, 2012

Arrrrr Matey!!! Cake #1 of 4

I had a super swamped weekend of cake making behind me, and now I can finally share the results and how everything turned out.

My first two cakes came from a previous client whose daughter was turning 3.They had a large playgroup of kids who have birthdays in May and June so they requested a Pirate themed cake, with 6 cupcakes to match.

We settled on a pirate face for the main cake, with 6 matching pirate cupcakes for each of the birthday kids. I was pretty excited for this one because I had yet to make a "face" out of a cake, and the final look of the cake was a pretty clean and simple looking cake. Suprisingly it did not take nearly as long as I thought it would... Or maybe I'm just getting better the more I do?:)

Anyways, the cake started out with a covering of fondant, with a black bandana  on his head.


I must say, for not having done a lot of fondant covered cakes over the past 3 years, I am getting a lot cleaner with it and my last few cakes have been incredibly smooth and "error" free!

Next came the face and details on the bandana, making him look like the pirate he is meant to be:)


And of course, the matching cupcakes. My client wanted 3 boy pirates, and 3 girl pirates, so each child had their own special cupcake for their birthday.


I was really pleased with how they came out. Nice and cute, no scary pirates here!!


Next on the list was my client's daughters cake... Strawberry Shortcake themed

No comments:

Post a Comment