October 10, 2011

Attempt at Gumpaste Shoes

I've seen cakes made with shoes as decoration a few times now. I've always wanted to try to make them, and finally I decided to google my way through everything and find out how to do it.
Well, it isn't that hard to do!


I'll be honest, I actually made these shoes up a few months ago with every intention of making a cake around them, but after I had finished the shoes, I was not overly happy with my final results due to the color choice and my choice to "paint" them with pearl dust. So they sat on the back of my buffet in my kitchen for a long time..

Until I finally had to throw them out because I couldn't look at them any longer..

Sigh.

Anyways, the shoes..

Overall the size and shape of the shoes were very spot on. I was pleased with the initial product for a first attempt.. but my lackluster paint job on them afterwards just soured me on the look of them. You can't really see in the pics, but you could definitely see the brush strokes everywhere. It was ugly.

I do eventually want to make these into a cake, but at least I know what I can do differently next time

No comments:

Post a Comment