September 17, 2011

Spoookkky Cupcakes

Part of my job teaching the Wilton Courses is I get to offer fun Project Classes to anyone and everyone interested. It's a great way to add a bit more income into my bank account, and it only takes one - 2 hour course usually to do, as opposed to the 2 hour - 4 week block Courses we offer every month. I love project classes. It's so much fun to spend the class watching people learn a few new skills and have a great time while doing it. Plus a lot of the project classes are offered to children 8 and older, so they can get in on the fun as well.

Next weekend I am teaching a Cupcakes Class. This is usually a class where the students learn basic decorating techniques for cupcakes. However this time, I am making my class Thanksgiving/Halloween themed. So I have been scouring the internet, wilton.com and my cupcake books for ideas on what I can teach my class. Simple things that they can learn in the two hours, plus easy enough that everyone can do without much effort.

So I decided to play around with the ideas I found and practice them myself...

Kind of cute, aren't they?

A close up shot of them:


I was having a lot of fun playing around with these, and my three year old was enjoying standing next to me, eating my spare candies and licking the icing that fell onto the counter top:)

So here is how they were done:

Upright Ghost: Ice cupcake. Stick lollipop into the center. Cover lollipop with a thin sheet of white fondant. Add black eyes using gel or icing.
Spider Web: Ice Cupcake in white, add black circles. Take toothpick and lightly drag into the center (or out from the center)
Monster: Using tip 18, Do pull out stars all around. Add Smarties for eyes, Break half a oreo cookie (or thin wafer cookie). Add icing for mouth, or pipe white teeth.
Owl: Ice Cupcake. Open up two Oreo cookies. Place Smartie/Reese Pieces on top. One on the side for nose.
Pumpkin: Using tip 12, start at the top and pipe down the side, moving back up in one motion. Ice whole cupcake. Using tip 67 add small leaf at the top. Using tip 2 with black. Pipe in eyes and mouth.
Turkey: Ice Cupcake. Mound a bit of icing on backside to allow for candy corns to rest in it. Add Candy Corns. Using tip 12 mound the body upright, add small head. Using tip 2 in red add a small dribble for the giblet
Spider: Ice cupcake. Using tip 12 in black mound the icing for the body, and smaller mound for the head. Using tip 2 add legs. Add eyes.
Small Ghost: Ice Cupcake. using white ising, throw the icing into the microwave for 10 seconds to melt. Put into bag and pipe out ghost design. Fill in with remaining icing. Add eyes.
Mummy: Using tip 47, serrated edge down, pipe random lines around cupcake for bandages. Add eyes.

Have fun with these!!

No comments:

Post a Comment