July 26, 2011

Project Tiered Cakes

Recently, I decided to teach "Tall Cakes" at my store. This is a 3 hours project class offered by Wilton for us to teach if we like. Since I am just getting back into the swing of things with my classes, I was looking for something more to offer them outside of the three courses.

Tall Cakes came out back in September of last year, just when I was leaving for the birth of my second child. I was so looking forward to teaching this when I returned, so it was a no brainer for me to offer it the first chance I could. The course itself teaches students the basics of stacking cakes, and the different ways you can make a tiered cake. So because I have to demonstrate in the class, I have to make a tiered cake myself.

I wanted something simple, so it didn't cost a lot of money to decorate, and something elegant enough to look like a great wedding cake. So my choice was to make a simple black and white style cake. Overall, I was impressed with my results!


Close Up of one of the bows..

It went over pretty good. In fact my store manager is going to keep it for future displays in the store:)

No comments:

Post a Comment