October 24, 2009

Course IV - Grand Finale Cake

I am a little sad.
This is my last Cake for my courses. No more night out a week to decorate a cake, and get out of my house..
I know all I can know from the Wilton books right now, although I have been told to "keep my eyes open for June for something new and exciting!"
Yeah yeah... June is too far away!!

Anyways, our final cake..This one had to show off our gum paste work and fondant covering. I must say I was very pleased with my final result.
But first, some of my flower work.

We had to learn gum paste Carnations and Daisies as part of this course. As a Daisy lover, of course my final cake had those all over it. And even though I am not a fan of carnations, I was quite happy with how these turned out. Its amazing just how lifelike they are!

Kind of neat eh? Don't they look real?


I am actually liking the way the carnation looks. I do hope to be able to use it in another cake design to see what I really feel about it.

And of course, my final Cake..

So there you have it.
4 courses over 5 months. 10 Cakes that had to be created for the classes, and numerous attempts on my own time. About a dozen different kinds of ways to do flowers, the basket technique, fondant work, gum paste, creating from my head, coloring, buttercream recipes and countless boxes of cake mix.

Now what???

I have actually applied to become a Wilton Method Instructor and am awaiting news on whether my local Michaels store will take me on or not. I am not getting my hopes up as it seems to be a bit hard to get into, but I think it would be a lot of fun to do.
So who knows!
For now, I will continue to create cakes for the heck of it. Birthdays, Special events, just because it is Thursday and we'll see what comes out.


No comments:

Post a Comment